[ubuntu-art] Checking In

Andrew SB a.starr.b at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 02:43:18 BST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 9:03 PM, John Baer <baerjj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone ...
>
> For some reason :/ I haven't been getting many emails from this list of
> late. It may be a problem on my end but I thought I would mention it
> here.

It's been pretty quiet lately...

> I see from the road map we are quickly coming to the artwork deadline
> (9/24).
>
> I believe The Night Impression Gtk Theme is to the point I would call it
> beta. I saw a post back in August from Andrew about community themes and
> I certainly hope Night Impression will make the cut.
>
> IMO it would be nice for the community if the community theme package is
> built and included for the beta (10/1).
>
> John

I've been keeping up with "Artwork Drop" schedule so that we could
test things out before the dead line. So new themes have made it to
Karmic, though we still have time to make changes.

At the first drop I added Turrican, Hanso, and update Impression to
Build 90627-1

At the second drop I added Night Impression and updated Hanso.

Hanso uses Breathe so it is now a dependency of the community-themes
package. In the past we had discussed that included themes should use
Human for their icons, but as Breathe is a community project it seemed
appropriate to add as a dependency. If any of the other themes would
rather use Breathe rather than Human, let me know so I can make the
change.

Any feedback on these changes is appreciated. I don't want to be
making unilateral decisions, but as I received very little feedback I
pushed ahead. Are there any themes I overlooked? Anything included
that shouldn't have been? Found any bugs? I had floated the idea of
dropping Kin, but I got no response at all on that. So I've left it in
for now.

Thanks!

- Andrew