[ubuntu-art] Debian package for Day of Ubuntu wallpaper

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 17:21:53 GMT 2009

Hi,

A while ago, I made a slideshow wallpaper out of Dawn of Ubuntu and its
various remixes. It crossfades between them throughout the day. The
result is a really elegant day / night transition that reflects the
outside world.

I finally got around to making a Debian package for the thing (since
people had trouble installing it themselves), and I uploaded it to my
PPA.

PPA is here: https://edge.launchpad.net/~dylanmccall/+archive/ppa

Source is here:
http://code.launchpad.net/~dylanmccall/+junk/day-of-ubuntu-wallpaper

Since the package isn't built in the PPA, here is one I built: http://dylanmccall.googlepages.com/day-of-ubuntu-wallpaper_1_all.deb

No need to add the PPA to install the package, since there probably
won't be any super exciting updates. (Just browse through its files and
grab the appropriate .deb).

Unless I'm really mixed up, I believe there has been discussion about
bringing back Dawn of Ubuntu since the licensing stuff has been cleaned
up; it's simply cc-by-3.0 now. Perhaps this package - or something like
it - would be a stylish way to do so.

Enjoy :)
(And feedback is always appreciated)

Dylan McCall