[ubuntu-art] Wallpaper site

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Oct 11 16:15:10 BST 2009

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Documentation/WorkshopConception

> Are we talking just about a single wallpaper site for gathering and
> voting as well as a place people can go to pick up wallpapers? At last
> count we got 19 wallpapers on the CD which is great but there are so
> many brilliant ones that it seems a shame not to be able to provide
> people with a simple way of adding more.

I would split submitting work for discussion/selection from offering it
to users. Work-in-progress has to be presented as such. Wallpapers
offered for the upcoming release should be clearly presented as such.

It might be possible to offer submissions directly on a
ready-for-use/direct-to-the-user area after clicking just one button.

> Should there be a separate conversation about more general artwork stuff
> and whether or not a wiki is the best tool for us?

Should be the same conversation, I think.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/