[ubuntu-art] humanity panel icons

Sebastian Porta sebastianporta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 22:38:09 GMT 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:37 PM, mac_v <drkvi-a at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 16:13 -0300, Sebastian Porta wrote:
> >
> > Could we have some kind of guideline in the near future to try avoid
> > this inconsistencies?
> > I made a blueprint for this.
> > https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/humanity/+spec/create-guidelines
> >

> Awesome , I think we'd have one for panel icons by the end of the UX
> sprint.
>
> When doing the icons for Karmic , One color didnt fit both the light and
> dark panels :/
> I had to do twice the work for humanity and humanity-dark. Was a real
> pain . </rant off >
>
> I'm really trying to push this idea>
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-store/+bug/433858/comments/3
>
> This [-symbolic idea] is the best solution. That way the text will match
> the color of the icons.
>
> Other than the Panel , there are other places where such monochromatic
> icons can be used in the system too.
>
> The color apart , the icon sizes on the gnome-look are a huge problem .
> I'v tried to keep a consistent icon padding , so that we dont have
> problems of different icon sizes.
> And using fill for the icons just makes the icons appear too dark and as
> blotches.
>
> Just to mention a few, Once the sprint is over and the UX team mentions
> how they are implementing it.. We can start on completing the
> guidelines.

Excellent. And thanks for the feedback in the blueprint.

>  > OT, I made icons, based on my Breathe icons, for the dictionary and
> > rhythmbox that are currently missing in Humanity.
> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/113489/accessories-dictionary.svg
> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/113489/rhythmbox.svg
> > I don't know if you can use but I like so much the Humanity theme that
> > just wanna show you :)
> >
> > --
> > Seba (AKA spg76)
> > http://www.ubuntu-ar.org
> >
> Cool ,
> But the UX folks had us remove all the app specific icons :/
> Not sure if its allowed again...
>
> For Karmic itself , we wanted to to do the monochrome icon for the
> Ubuntu logo and kwwii said no..
> Now, he is all excited once it was posted on the web ;p
>
> Maybe similarly, we can add more app icons too... ;) Kenneth ?

Oh, OK, didn't know that.
I understand about the Rhythmbox icon but accessories-dictionary it's an
icon from the FreeDesktop spec.
Anyway, I guess that have their reasons.

> In the dictionary icon  , the alphabets could be etched-in rather than
> being raised.

OK, I'll do that and I send it out to you. It's that OK?
--
Seba (AKA spg76)
http://www.ubuntu-ar.org