[ubuntu-art] Breathe Icon Set - Folder Icons

Andrew rugby471 at googlemail.com
Fri May 29 11:20:54 BST 2009

Hi Guys,

Before I start I want to say well done on the breathe icon set. It is really starting to look good!

Now I was looking at the folder icons for the breathe icon set, and I felt that they were a bit too
dark. The combination of the dark red and then a very strong shadow at the bottom just made them
look too 'grungy' and not in place when surrounded by the lighter icons of the icon set.

Therefore I tweaked two things:

1) I lowered the opacity of the bottom shadow of the folder from 42 to 25

2) I changed the first colour of the gradient of the main piece of the front of the folder to be
slightly lighter/ a tiny bit more orange

The resultant icon looks more lighter and doesn't make the users' desktop environment look as dark
(and therefore smaller)

You can see my comparison of the before and after here:

http://i39.tinypic.com/153s9vs.png

Now before I put up a bzr branch and proposed a merge, I just wanted to make sure that you all
thought it was a change for the better, so please look at my comparison above and reply to what you
think about it.

Thanks!!

--
Andrew