[ubuntu-art] Some questions about the SVG versions of the logo

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon May 18 17:32:22 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 18:20 +0200, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:

Hallo Raúl!

> I tried the font and *looked* similar, but I didn't check the paths.

It's the point of both fonts to be similar, but they are more geometric,
constructed, to work better for continuous text and to help with
internal consistency. At least, I think that are the reasons :)

They lack quite a bit of the hand-drawn feel.

> Apart from the official SVG's, is there any specification about the
> paths/objects/how-to-construct the word "ubuntu"?

Not that I know. I assume a hand-drawn original has been traced and
that's it. The SVG is all the specification we have. And need ;)

> BTW, I've checked your design blog and I really like your style. The
> jackalope sketch is funny and good looking ;)

Thank you! :)

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: