[ubuntu-art] Some questions about the SVG versions of the logo

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado raulnac at gmail.com
Mon May 18 17:20:33 BST 2009

Saluton Thorsten :)

I was going to ask you the questions (I saw your address in the wiki
pages) but I found this mailing list. I didn't want to bother you
directly without asking the community for help first.

On Mon 18 May 2009 18:12 +0200, Thorsten Wilms <t... at freenet.de> dixit:
> On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 12:02 -0400, coz DS wrote:
>> the letters in "Ubuntu"  are a font named  ttf-ubuntu-title.
> Wrong. Both Title and Titling font came after the original "ubuntu"
> and both do not match its paths and thus should never be used in place
> of the official SVG.

I tried the font and *looked* similar, but I didn't check the paths.

Apart from the official SVG's, is there any specification about the
paths/objects/how-to-construct the word "ubuntu"?

BTW, I've checked your design blog and I really like your style. The
jackalope sketch is funny and good looking ;)