[ubuntu-art] extra wallpaper package for Karmic

Yann Dìnendal yanndinendal at universfantastiques.org
Tue May 12 08:37:03 BST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 00:34, Mads Rosendahl <madsrh at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Other operating systems offer an extra selection of desktop backgrounds
> > their users. Often they are based on different "themes" typically applied
> > photography (nature, for instance).
> >
> > For Karmic we would like to include a set of high quality desktop
> backgrounds
> > which are organized according to a predefined set of adjectives which
> describe
> > emotional atmospheres, slogans (so to speak) for the way an image makes
> you
> > feel.
> >
> > In order to accomplish this we call on anyone and everyone to submit
> images
> > which are freely licensed and follow the guidelines for inclusion.
> >
> > Let me know if you have any ideas for improving this idea, or if you'd
> like to
> > help coordinate things, etc.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ken
>

> Hi
> This is great news Kenneth.
> As you might remember I posted a small collection of photos titled the
> "Ubuntu Wallpaper Photo Pack”
> (
> http://anotherubuntu.blogspot.com/2009/04/ubuntu-wallpaper-photo-pack.html
> )
> and I would love to see the “extra wallpaper package” (as you call it)
> land with success in 9.10.
> For some quality submissions, I think we should inform Ubuntu
> Photographers about this.
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-photographers<https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-photographers>
> http://www.flickr.com/groups/686584@N20/
>
> Where should photo submissions for the “extra” package be uploaded?
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Karmic/Backgrounds
>

> Best regards
> Mads Rosendahl (MadsRH)<https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art>

Nice! Especially the koala. ^^
Currently, I'm using wallpapers from these wallpaper sets :
http://troy-sobotka.blogspot.com/2008/11/gift-from-me-to-you.html
http://troy-sobotka.blogspot.com/2008/12/happy-holiday-gift-set.html
I like the red and orange colors that remind of the ubuntu colors, but with
more "nature" colors like green. :)
I don't know if they follow the guidelines for inclusion, though...

Yann Dìnendal