[ubuntu-art] extra wallpaper package for Karmic

Mads Rosendahl madsrh at gmail.com
Mon May 11 23:34:44 BST 2009

> Other operating systems offer an extra selection of desktop backgrounds to
> their users. Often they are based on different "themes" typically applied to
> photography (nature, for instance).
>
> For Karmic we would like to include a set of high quality desktop backgrounds
> which are organized according to a predefined set of adjectives which describe
> emotional atmospheres, slogans (so to speak) for the way an image makes you
> feel.
>
> In order to accomplish this we call on anyone and everyone to submit images
> which are freely licensed and follow the guidelines for inclusion.
>
> Let me know if you have any ideas for improving this idea, or if you'd like to
> help coordinate things, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

Hi
This is great news Kenneth.
As you might remember I posted a small collection of photos titled the
"Ubuntu Wallpaper Photo Pack”
(http://anotherubuntu.blogspot.com/2009/04/ubuntu-wallpaper-photo-pack.html)
and I would love to see the “extra wallpaper package” (as you call it)
land with success in 9.10.
For some quality submissions, I think we should inform Ubuntu
Photographers about this.
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-photographers
http://www.flickr.com/groups/686584@N20/

Where should photo submissions for the “extra” package be uploaded?
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Karmic/Backgrounds

Best regards
Mads Rosendahl (MadsRH)

http://anotherubuntu.blogspot.com