[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] Release Manager position open

Andrew a.starr.b at gmail.com
Sat May 9 19:38:17 BST 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Andrew <a.starr.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd also do a review of the debian packaging if it would be helpful.

Here's an initial review, whether or not you want it. =)

Lintian (a QA tool for debian packaging) isn't happy:

I: breathe-icon-theme source: debian-watch-file-is-missing

As there hasn't been a release, that makes sense. Assuming that the
official hosting will be on LP, the watch file should look something
like this:

version=3
https://launchpad.net/breathe-icon-set/+download
http://launchpad.net/breathe-icon-set/.*/breathe-icon-theme-(.+).tar.gz

W: breathe-icon-theme source: debhelper-but-no-misc-depends breathe-icon-theme

 ${misc:Depends} should be added to the Depends field.

W: breathe-icon-theme source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.0
(current is 3.8.1)

Standards-Version should be bumped to 3.8.1

I: breathe-icon-theme source: xs-vcs-header-in-debian-control xs-vcs-bzr

Vcs-Bzr is now an accepted field. the XS can be dropped.

I: breathe-icon-theme source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source
field "section" in package breathe-icon-theme
N:
N:    In debian/control, this field for a binary package duplicates the value
N:    inherited from the source package paragraph. This doesn't hurt anything,
N:    but you may want to take advantage of the inheritance and set the value
N:    in only one place. It prevents missing duplicate places that need to be
N:    fixed if the value ever changes.
N:
N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: certain

P: breathe-icon-theme: no-homepage-field

A Homepage: field could be added to debian/control

I: breathe-icon-theme: extended-description-is-probably-too-short

Or at least the automated check thinks so, but I don't think it can
read. ;-) Wouldn't hurt to extend it a bit.

W: breathe-icon-theme: extended-description-line-too-long

Lines in debian/control shouldn't be longer than 80 characters.

I: breathe-icon-theme: copyright-with-old-dh-make-debian-copyright
N:
N:    The copyright file contains the incomplete Debian packaging copyright
N:    boilerplate from older versions of dh_make. (C) is not considered as a
N:    valid way to express the copyright ownership. The word Copyright or the
N:    © symbol should be used instead or in addition to (C).
N:
N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: certain

W: breathe-icon-theme: copyright-refers-to-versionless-license-file
usr/share/common-licenses/GPL

A specific version (ie GPL-2, GPL-2+, or GPL-3) should be used and
linked to, not just genericly GPL.

As is, it fails to build from source in a karmic pbuilder with a
release tarball (generated like in my last email). The
"makebuilddir/breathe-icon-theme" target isn't needed with a release
tarball. "./update-build-files.sh" is stripped out when making a
release. Commenting it out allowed it to build correctly. I'm not
entirely sure what you want to do with this as that target is needed
for a bzr snapshot.

While most of the lintian issues are minor, the package won't get
accepted to the archive with out clearing them up. I'll branch and
make some fixes, and then propose a merge.

- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio