[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] New submissions (May 6th 2009)

Oliver Scholtz 1 scholli_tz at yahoo.de
Thu May 7 00:42:31 BST 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 06.05.2009, 18:47 -0400 schrieb Cory K.:
> Cory K. wrote:
> > Oliver Scholtz wrote:
> >
> >> Shadow: Even Sebastian uses *different* shadows. **Depend of the kind**
> >> of icon different shadows are needed. The handmark and style of every
> >> artist is always different.
> >>

> > Regardless, you have to copy him as close as possible. For instance Daniel does this hard
> > cut-off thing to shadows that really stands out in contrast to
> > Sebastien's or even your own. Just look at the wiki now. "list-remove"
> > vs. "media-eject"
> >
> > This is one thing I will not let go. They *must* be consistent
> > regardless of artistic expression.I will now have to go through the
> > current icons and make a list of what needs to be changed. I think I'll
> > have to stop uploads until this audit is done. I should have pushed
> > harder on this sooner.
> >
> > So I think your work most matches the soft realism of Sebastien's
> > while Daniel's has that sharper KDE feel to me. And I think this is the
> > *heavy* use of them as a base.
> >
> > I really think we're having language issues here as I know I've said
> > similar things in the past. I feel it's not getting through. Is it
> > better to continue and just get stuff made or take a break to step back
> > and evaluate?
> >

> Got names mixed here. (I have too much mail to respond to)
>
> (fixed above)
>

> -Cory K.

Better :)

I think the list should be quite short. You are a good "filter". ;D
And yes in the submissions-page are many icons which needs a strong
overwork already...

So you will upload than only the gtk-media-icons if the complete set is
done! seek- skip- forward and seek- skip- backward. Alright. ;)

So I wish a lucky hand in your work.
Oliver