[ubuntu-art] Artwork Team Wiki Page - Final

John Baer baerjj at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:19:48 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 12:50 +0100, Saleel wrote:

> Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 May 2009 03:50:42 John Baer wrote:
> > > Assuming no news is good news I have put the final touches on the
> > > Artwork Team Wiki page mock up.
> > >
> > > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnBaer/SandBox
> > >
> > > Ken & Thorsten I would like to move this page into production.
> >

> > Thorsten, ideas? Otherwise I would say go ahead and we can test it
> out.
> >

> > --
> > Ken
> I have not been following this conversation, but the ubuntu stick
> people
> seem simplistic, but more accurately dont seem to have much relation
> the topic in which they are placed. Take flavors for example, why put
> stick man pointing when you can put delicious icecream? see attached
> png
> + svg.
>
> For getting involved: I propose a speech bubble fight (I have an idea,
> will sketch it out)
> For Team Activity: Jersey? Our work tools? (glass with
> paintbrushes/pencil), a tower of hanoi
> <cid:part1.00080604.08060801 at gmail.com>?
>
> Asides from this small thing, the page looks clean, readable,
> attractive. My apologies if I am too late in the artwork thing.

Saleel,

Your artwork is very good and the ice cream icon looks great. I thought
about doing a glass with pencils and such but this concept is already
used by the openSUSE folks. I see the "stick people" more as annotations
than anything else.

IMO this wiki page is a work in progress and I would love to see your
ideas.

John