[ubuntu-art] Artwork Team Wiki Page - Final

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Tue May 5 14:36:47 BST 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 13:50:38 Saleel wrote:
> Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 May 2009 03:50:42 John Baer wrote:
> > > Assuming no news is good news I have put the final touches on the
> > > Artwork Team Wiki page mock up.
> > >
> > > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnBaer/SandBox
> > >
> > > Ken & Thorsten I would like to move this page into production.
> >
> > Thorsten, ideas? Otherwise I would say go ahead and we can test it out.
> >

> > --
> > Ken
>
> I have not been following this conversation, but the ubuntu stick people
> seem simplistic, but more accurately dont seem to have much relation to
> the topic in which they are placed. Take flavors for example, why put a
> stick man pointing when you can put delicious icecream? see attached png
> + svg.

Part of what we already discussed is that the pictures need improvements. The
current suggestion included the improvements and I do agree that they are
better. BUT, that does not mean they couldn't be better yet, so let's keep
this conversation going.

I like the idea of the ice cream cone for the flavors very much, it is
pertinent to the subject and would look cool if you did a bit more work on it
to make it a) more realistic and b) use the colors of the different variants in
the flavors, somehow.

> For getting involved: I propose a speech bubble fight (I have an idea, I
> will sketch it out)
> For Team Activity: Jersey? Our work tools? (glass with
> paintbrushes/pencil), a tower of hanoi
> <cid:part1.00080604.08060801 at gmail.com>?
>
> Asides from this small thing, the page looks clean, readable,
> attractive. My apologies if I am too late in the artwork thing.

Looking forward to seeing more!

--
Ken