[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Powder

Oliver scholli_tz at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 31 17:24:10 BST 2009

So we have some smalltalk with Colours, Themes, girls and boys etc.
I will write a analyse I noticed.

Windows: Games, DirectX and tuning are the most imprortant Themes there. So
we will find many many stuffs about this in this Operating System.

Mac: Sound, Graphic and DTP. This OS-Users makes a lot of Art-Work and who
don't belive it can take a look in DeviantArt. ;) Here we find many many
varities of Icons-Artwork (one beautiful default-Icons in many varities)  and
Wallpapers etc. So much manpower lost for non important things. :)

Linux: Bash, Pyhton, Wiki's like: how I get this run, copy/paste with Gimp,
compiling and testing etc. The Artwork here. two years ago, was quite poor.
Music ... only good Players. I know only one prof. Programm for Music-Studios.

Conclution: I'm sure if Linux would be known - like Mac - for his Graphic-
Power (maybe because we have similars Programms like Freehand and
Photoshop), Breathe would have much more Volunteers helping in this Project.
But it's logical. ;)

My idea finally is to get involved bored Mac-Users to the Ubuntu-Artwork-
Projects with a slogan like: "Mac-Users new hobby ... Ubuntu" etc.

Okay I am jocking a little bit. But I think a little bit puplishing in this
way (Twitter, Blogs and Irc, ...) would be (maybe) helpfull.
It's a little bit sad that the Ubuntu-Artwork-Maillist is so short ... and
Ubuntu-Users are many. And many of them saw the Breathe-Project and don't
helps. Why? -- so much peoples are shouting out that they want a pretty Linux
and waits for a wonder. Of course if everybody only shout and wait without any
activities ... things needs longer. ;)

My 2¢
Oliver