[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Powder

Saleel svelanka at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:36:02 BST 2009

Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> I agree that it would be nice to have at least one theme aimed at women.
> To get there, one would first have to do some research. Then you need
> female testers.

Posting on the forums, or communities like the subreddit women, should
make information flow easy. (There is an ubuntu women group right?)
Shouldn't we first ask women users if they want a theme aimed at them? I
mean to say the whole point of a gui is to be gender neutral right? I
could see making a theme for targeting an age group, which tends to have
tighter (less variable) preferences, but an entire gender? Perhaps the
theme should target a subset of all women: a specific age bracket?

--Saleel