[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] gtk-media

Oliver scholli_tz at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 31 12:45:42 BST 2009

Am Dienstag 31 März 2009 13:13:05 schrieb Thorsten Wilms:
> On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 12:41 +0200, Oliver wrote:
> > > snip
> > >
> > > I think that they look really great, but have one possible suggestion:
> > > could the shadows be sort of orange-tinted, as though the glyphs were
> > > backlit by orange LEDs? I think it would lend a very slick look to
> > > multimedia apps even beyond the excellent work you've done already!
> >
> > Thank you Ryan, but this I haven't understand you (Led's?) in any case.
> > :) If I haved finish we can do experiments with it if Cory K. wish it ...
> > ;)
>
> He talks about the effect LEDs behind the buttons would have.
> A bit like what Apple does, but with orange light:
> http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2401/2265191850_49c266d522.jpg?v=0
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/zanoii/3325630516/sizes/l/
>

> --
> Thorsten Wilms
>
> thorwil's design for free software:
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/

Thank you Thorsten.
Yes with 128x128 - 48x48 it should be a nice effect. But in smaller sizes I
don't know ... somethink what must be tried!? This experiment I will do in the
future ... not now.

Zoom-in: Here is a possibilty to work out a little more the 3d-effect from the
loupe in 24x24 and 16x16. KDE 4.2.1 is a good example ...

Oliver