[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] system-update-install

Oliver Scholtz 1 scholli_tz at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 16 12:54:57 GMT 2009

Am Montag, den 16.03.2009, 08:22 -0400 schrieb Cory K.:
> My biggiest gripe with this is that it's use of the disk is different
> from the set. I want the set to use the same disk throughout the set so
> as to be consistent. Also because of this, themeatically,
> system-update-install doesn't feel a part of system-software-update.

Hope own opinions are allowed. :)

Change the disk wouldn't be a problem. And I can change it if the wish
is here. :) But the contrast will suffer imense ... :( For this I
choosed the blue colour.

> The other thing I noticed is that there are differences with the current
> mime box. (http://tiny.cc/uvQmp) Color and little details like the tape.
> Perspective debate aside, I want the box in system-update-install to
> match in whatever way it can.

This is the ugliest box I ever haf seen. :) For mime it's well enough,
but use always the same box in all type of box-Icons is boring; so the
box is very simple ...
I compared the box-colour of your tiny and my current box and saw the
contrast is much better with my current box in almost bright used
themes.

> I /almost/ think it would be better to use the mime icon as a base and
> stick a CD in front of it. Much like the Synaptic icon in other sets.

Other Sets? Where is the evoloution? :) Box and a disk in front is the
simplest what somebody can draw. The challenge is to do something
different, complicate and inovative. Coping other Sets style is against
my mind, so I can use other Sets and get bored with see always the
same ... :)

But maybe my experiments and ideas aren't welcome. So at moment I don't
know what I have to think and do ... :(

Sincerly Oliver Scholtz