[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] applications-science (orange vs. green)

Ryan Prior ryanprior at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 23:36:13 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Yann Dìnendal <
yanndinendal at universfantastiques.org> wrote:

> Nice, but imo, the previous preferences-desktop-personal with the
> transparent pen looked nicer. And I also prefer Milan's green, it looks more
> like real liquid.

I am having trouble explaining what I perceive as the difference between
Sebastian's green and the modification by Milan's, but the I definitely
agree with Yann's conclusion that Milan's looks more like real fluid. The
way the outline of the meniscus looks, the way that some light plays into
the rear of the bottle a little bit, the softening of the white overlay, the
variety of shades used ranging from light yellows to dark greens; the effect
of Milan's fluid is much more appealing than the original.

For what it's worth, I loved the original orange colors. There is very
little green in the set, and I believe that there is much to say for color
continuity. The red color still says "science" in a way that's less
comic-book and cliché, as well as fitting better with the rest of the icon
set. Please reconsider the fluid color!