[ubuntu-art] Make being root more obvious (scary)

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 4 18:37:29 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Who wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So we would need a plan "B".
>>>

>> By default .icons and .themes for the root directory symlink to
>> /usr/share/themes/caution/ and /usr/share/icons/caution/ ?
>>
>> Anyone that _actually_ wants to change the theme for their root user
>> will deal fine with this and fix it as required, I would say.
>>
>> Worse option, use the fact that a theme is loaded first from  the
>> .themes directory and then from /usr/share/themes.
>>

> The root user uses themes from /usr/share/*. No .icons or .theme folders
> are there. So, doesn't seem like this would work.

The above was a suggestion - ie we modify (in the initial distro..)
the /root folder to contain .icons and .themes that link elsewhere...
I was suggesting creating these new /usr/share/(themes|icons)/root/
folders for this purpose.

>> Any of them viable?
>>

> Strike 2. :P

Yea, it looks like we might just have to put it in the 'nice idea for
another day' bin... :(