[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] start-here by O.S.

Oliver Scholtz scholli_tz at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 2 16:05:50 GMT 2009

Am Montag, den 02.03.2009, 09:50 -0600 schrieb Ryan Prior:

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>         Oliver Scholtz wrote:
>         > This Logo looks simple, but honestly it wasn't for me:
>         > I took many render-tests and adjustments for getting this
>         version
>         > now. ;)
>         >
>         > Personally I like it. Hope it will be okay for everybody ...
>         >
>         > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/BreatheIconSet/Submissions
>

>         *Much* better. My only concern would be the shadowing.
>         I /think/ it's
>         consistent with the "flat" (non-dimensional) ones we have.
>         Thorsten?
>
> Do you like it better than what we've already got? I think that the
> shape of the current start-here icon is better, especially at low
> resolution. I don't see what we gain with this new icon. Is the old
> one restricted somehow?
>
> Ryan

Here is a thinking error ;)

The original Logo is only in high resolution and very boring.
What you see usual in your Human-Theme is 24x24 and 22x22. This was
corrected by hand with a Raster-Program. So it doesn't exist any
svg-file for small Ubuntu-Logos.
Breathe haves for all sizes a svg-example!!! ;)

PS: If I catch my current 128x128 Logo - scale it down with a special
program I have and retouch it by hand, so the original one in your
Human-Theme (small sizes) get "red" of shame ... :D

Oliver Schlotz