[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] Cruft, stuff and other junk...

Cory K. coryisatm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 17:33:37 BST 2009

mac_v wrote:
> Cory K. wrote:
>
>> What's your thinking on the network-manager icons? Seems to have stalled
>> a bit.
>>

> I hadnt worked on them , was waiting for you.

I have been unsure on them as well.

> A few changes need to be made, the 50% i'll change to green and the 25%
> in yellow.[keeping in mind kwwii's concern that red should be sparingly
> used in the panel]

Sounds fine.

> Also i'd say doing these icons doing in 128px is sufficient and adding
> them to to scalable folder is the best , i'v tried making them in
> different sizes but its never as good. the icons scale well so i'd
> prefer not to do smaller sizes

We have to see where they are used. And I prefer to create all the sizes
because of the future can be tricky. Larger sizes could be needed.

> also keep in mind that for the
> reconnection animation it needs another 33 icons!

Correct. Maybe we take these all down for now and you put up thoughts on
the Discussions page as this needs further thought.

> Actually I would like to know your ETA for breathe, so that i could work
> around it. :P

ETA as in what? Being done? That will be quite some time off. 1.0 will
be when we reach parity with the FreeDesktop spec. 2.0 will be parity
with the GNOME set. Beyond that, I haven't given much thought.

Breathe will be in the repos for Karmic. We'll be trying to get it in
soon and we should be able to update more before Ubuntu feature freeze.

As for the rest of your post all sounds fine. Just remember don't take
shortcuts. Put in the detail and style where you can and it makes sense. ;)

-Cory K.