[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] Thoughts, happenings and other junk.

Cory K. coryisatm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 09:26:57 BST 2009

Tiago Pertile wrote:
> 2009/7/27 Cory K. <coryisatm at gmail.com>
>
>> <snip>
>>

> very bad :(

Wow. That was helpful and informative.

Gilles Coulais wrote:
> 2009/7/28 Cory K. <coryisatm at gmail.com>:
>
>> Ok. Next. I'm looking for a wiki maintainer. Someone who follows when
>> new icons are added to BZR and does all the proper linking for them to
>> show on the wiki. This position will require someone who is willing to
>> stay on top of this. It will also require some minimal training. An
>> addition, if this person is already good with MoinMoin and can really
>> spruce up our current pages that will be a big plus.
>>
>> Note that this is not an invite for anyone to just start editing. ;) I
>> want to assign someone the task. Preferably someone not already involved
>> with Breathe.
>>

> Hi Cory, all
>
> Can you give me some additional information about your request? Do you
> expect this task to be very demanding (apart from paying great
> attention on what's happening on the list+BZR)?

Not very demanding but it would need to be maintained as well as BZR is.
Maybe an edit a week or so.

> I don't know MoinMoin,
> but I'm pretty familiar with other wiki tools, such as mediawiki or
> dokuwiki. I'll just need some time to get accustomed to MoinMoin.

Do you have links to other pages you've designed with the other wikis?
So I can get a sense of style? I'd really like to get our Breathe pages
looking better. I could do a bit more to them but I've just had a bit of
a block lately.

> I can make myself available on IRC/freenode or Jabber or anywhere else
> for some training. Just take in account that I'll have more time to
> spend on this activity during business days than during week ends.

That's fine.

> So if you're ok, I would be glad to help. Let's work on that, with you
> or anyone else, who can mentor/help me to jump in :) . I'll be there
> to help the Ubuntu Artwork community, as I really find Breathe and
> other ubuntu artworks awesome.

Sounds good. I still want to wait a bit to see who else is interested.
Thanx for yours. :)

-Cory K.