[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] mimetypes

mac_v drkvi-a at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 18 04:44:31 BST 2009

Chris Tooley wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Cory K.<coryisatm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For 16px, sure. That's what I wanna try. On the other sizes I want to
>> still have the paper to clearly show its a file.
>
> Let me start off this by saying: "In my opinion" ;)
>
> I think it would show more definition of filetype without the paper
> background as a border.  I also think it's an unnecessary trope left
> over from older systems that tried to represent digital information in
> a "physical" representation.  If you think about it conceptually, the
> paper is only there to serve as a reminder that the file is a file.
> But what else is it going to be? If we have these distinguishing marks
> (video negative, photos, music note) we may as well go the whole
> shebang.
>
> Just my opinion though :D
>
> -Chris

I had already suggested that several times , But to expand it the
present mime icons Sebastien has done...

We could loose the paper , move the colored bar to the top right , while
the icons are done same way as in Sebastien's #2 mockup

But Cory likes the paper idea , and is set on it.

@ Sebastien: Cory is right about too much detail in the video mime
files. we could remove the "3" / the circles /bars / all 3 of them.

cheers,
mac_v