[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] mimetypes

mac_v drkvi-a at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 09:50:51 BST 2009

Conn wrote:
>> I like the idea of the colored bottom portion where we can add the
>> extension. (note: i am not content to do the freedesktop thing and have
>> 1 icon represent a whole family of icons)
>
> You mean that you want separate PSD, PNG, and JPG icons instead of one
> IMAGE icon, for example? Sounds good. What you may want to consider,
> however, is to keep the icons of these "families" related in
> representation. For example, make the JPG and PNG icons identical
> except for the colouring of the icon (or very small tweaks to the
> image at most).
>
> Conn

Too many colors will only end up , as a non-indicator of what the icon
really represents.

Wouldnt it be better , if all the image files[png,jpg,svg] / all video
files had the *same bottom color* and only the images within them had
different colors? and labeled in the larger icon sizes.

cheers,
mac_v