[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu art requests page?

Andrew SB a.starr.b at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:08:41 BST 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Mads Rosendahl<madsrh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> It seems the activity on this thread has died.
> To move this project forward, I would like to setup the ArtRequests
> wiki (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/ArtRequests). If anyone wants to
> create the wiki page, I will be more than happy to pass the task on. I
> will suggest that we use the Gnome artrequests page as base for the
> layout, and add a #bug columns. Anyone got ideas for improvements?
>
> Kenneth wrote:
>> I think it would be a great idea, if we really commit ourselves to solving the
>> problems, listening to advice and trying to move forward as a group. This is
>> another chance for us to prove ourselves. I suggest that the requests are done
>> via launchpad bugs (we already have a lot!) and that we perhaps look into
>> coupling this with one hundred paper cuts project.
>
> How do we do this requests done via launchpad bugs? Are bugs tagged,
> like "needs-artwork"?
>
> Great idea to team up with the One hundred paper cuts project, but
> isn't it closed now for this cycle?

Some of the bugs already accepted might fall into this project as well.

>> Ideas? Critic? Interested in working on this? Let us know!
>>
>> --
>> Kenneth
>
> I think this ArtRequests wiki is working out fantastically for Gnome
> (Fedora also has something similar) and I think Ubuntu could benefit
> from a project like this.
> Like Kenneth said,  Ideas? Critic? Interested in working on this? Let us know!

I like the idea of using tags more. I'm sure there must be quite a few
bugs out there that someone of this list could resolve, but you just
don't know how to find them. The key is to actually get others to use
the "needs-artwork" tag though. There only seems to be one bug using
the tag so far:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=needs-artwork

We should probably make an announcement to the bug-squad mailing list.

Perhaps we should see if we can make it an "official tag."

http://blog.launchpad.net/cool-new-stuff/official-bug-tags

I don't have any idea who actually has the power to do such a thing though...

- Andrew