[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] Folder icon

spg76 sebastianporta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:42:44 BST 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 3:25 AM, mac_v <drkvi-a at yahoo.com> wrote:

> BTW , *16px without the folder is a bad idea* , there is no *visual*
> indication that the download arrow is just a folder the user has to read
> the label to realize this ! it seems more like the action buttons.
> Similarly for the audio and the video folders, they seem more like audio
> or video files.the documents is similar to the copy action icon.
>
> Having the folder in the background of the 16px is better, even if the
> folder is 50% opacity. and even if only 5 px of the folder is visible.

Although I think that without the folder the icons look better (more space
hence more details), you made a very good point about usability (I think
Nicolò mentioned this before :P)
With this in mind I made some retouches and use the folder in the small
sizes.
Here's a screenshot, http://files.getdropbox.com/u/113489/folders3.png
--
Seba (AKA spg76)