[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] Folder icon

tonic ghatanothoa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 05:50:41 BST 2009

2009/7/6 Cory K. <coryisatm at gmail.com>:
> We will use Andrew Higginson's folder if the testing in the next 2 weeks
> goes well. This is crazy. I'm not entertaining a new folder every month.
> Especially if their design just isn't up to snuff.

This is not a submission at all. I just felt that Andrew's folder icon
was so very nice I had to play with it and now I'd like to share. I
worked quite a bit on the 16x16 icon to try and make it look a little
less flat.

> That said, I do like the idea of using colored items on the folders and
> using just those images for the smaller sizes. I will give the XDG
> folder ideas 1 more week then we will go with whatever direction is the
> strongest. Which currently is a mix of Sebastien's current small icons:
> http://files.getdropbox.com/u/113489/folders.png and his earlier
> concept:
> http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/253/c/0/Ubuntu_Folders_Concept_by_spg76.png
> using Andrews folders.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/BreatheIconSet/Submissions#Places
>
> There ya go. A command decision. ;)

It is nice to see breathe taking this direction. I am looking forward
to future releases :)

Tonic