[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] Folder icon

Cory K. coryisatm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 22:00:08 BST 2009

Ok. I have to 1st say that mac_v's folder icon will not be used. The
perspective is wrong and looks square. Make it feel scrunched and
awkward. Along with whatever mac did to the folder, thickened up some of
the lines making it feel very Tango.

We will use Andrew Higginson's folder if the testing in the next 2 weeks
goes well. This is crazy. I'm not entertaining a new folder every month.
Especially if their design just isn't up to snuff.

That said, I do like the idea of using colored items on the folders and
using just those images for the smaller sizes. I will give the XDG
folder ideas 1 more week then we will go with whatever direction is the
strongest. Which currently is a mix of Sebastien's current small icons:
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/113489/folders.png and his earlier
concept:
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/253/c/0/Ubuntu_Folders_Concept_by_spg76.png
using Andrews folders.