[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] Folder icon

mac_v drkvi-a at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 13:40:45 BST 2009

Nicolò Chieffo wrote:
 > Then I have a request to make a little change to the folder icon, and
> I would like to discuss it with you.
> The request comes from the difficulty to draw XDG folder icons (which
> michote submitted today here [1]).
>
> As you can see, it's hard to distinguish what's drawn inside small icons:
> if the folder contains an "emblem" which is only based upon one single
> object

I noticed that too,

With my folders doing xdg by just pasting a white logo wont do good, for
that you need a straight on look.

But the xdg folder with a simple logo pastes become too simple.

Check  out Sebastien's concept>
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/BreatheIconSet/Discussion

IMO this is a better way to do xdg folders, it looks way better,
we have more choice of the size/color of the xdg folders.
since the folder is in a tilt/3rd dimension we can have as much space we
want to design an xdg folder. xdg folder symbols will have no
restriction to stay within the folder size.

This was the main reason I did it this folder icon.

But *First* , Cory needs to make a decision about which folder to use.
Its still not clear which folder will be used in the next release.
He is will be back on Monday. So lets wait :)

Cheers,
mac_v