[ubuntu-art] Re styling the Logo, Circle of Friends 2009

Phoenix Corleone yzukxx at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:47:04 BST 2009

> :-D ... It won't be goodlooking on small sizes (22, 16). Surely not.
>
> Oliver

I don't find it ugly, and I think most icons (and the current logo, too)
will not be goodlooking on 16pxs.
http://itmages.ru/view.php?action=view&id=6632&key=93477b

>Besides the fact that it looks awesome (I'll try to make an SVG of it
>later on today), I don't think Ubuntu will change their logo any time
>soon - it's branding after all :)

>That would be a good logo for an Ubuntu derivative though.

>-Chris

Yes, I agree that it's hard to dair to change the branding logo, but I find
the current one out-of-date. Ubuntu needs new, smooth, more round logo, and
Anton has caught my idea clearly. I think "it's time")

Official Russian LoCo is going to take the logo as it's official, and some
non-official LoCos, too. I think it's a reason to think. One girl said "the
picture should be noticed by Cannonical's boys"
=)