[ubuntu-art] Human-Reprise

Sulley Mansford jws141 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 22:16:44 GMT 2009

I uploaded a revision to the Human theme on the wiki.  This theme is an overall desktop experience and is quite functional at this stage in development.  This retains much of the original feel of the Human Theme, but gives an overall refreshing feeling to a fairly old and established theme.  I realize a majority of the whole "Desktop Experience" is quite early in the development stages, but it is also quite stable (including Murrine, the Breathe Icon Set, and GNOME-Do (Docky) and usable.

This entire experience including the theme, wallpaper, font, panels, dock, and compositing manager (Compiz-Fusion) rival the experience of Mac OSX and Windows 7, which I have installed on another partition.  I can not stay in Windows 7 longer than 10 minutes without losing the warmness that Ubuntu provides.  This entire experience feels very warm and natural.  This included with the new notification system should make for a very competitive desktop.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks to Ubuntu Developers, for an amazing OS, Cimi, for the incredible murrine engine, the team at GNOME-Do for that lovely little Docky, and the team creating the Breathe Icon Set.  This is evidence what the open source community is capable of.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Jaunty/Human-Reprise