[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] start-here ... Submission

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Feb 27 18:56:11 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 19:26 +0100, Oliver Scholtz wrote:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/BreatheIconSet/Submissions
>
> Hope here is not so much dislike than before ... :)
>
> How Sebastian wrote ... the scaled ones will lose some details and
> (22x22) + 16x16 I think I will work with a outline ... But I already
> don't know ... I'll see it in meanwhile I am doing the scaleworks ... :)

Take care of elements that are smaller than 1 pixel, they often cause
bad rendering. In this case the white highlights.

The red circle is shaded like it receives strong white light in a dark
environment (I can almost imagine the halo effect). This doesn't fit
with the rest of it and would be a bad choice as it doesn't bring out
the colors.

I suggest you study how materials show variations in tone depending on
much light they receive. For red you might have to make the brightest
parts slightly orange.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: