[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] start-here ... Submission

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Feb 27 18:56:11 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 19:26 +0100, Oliver Scholtz wrote:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/BreatheIconSet/Submissions
> Hope here is not so much dislike than before ... :)
> How Sebastian wrote ... the scaled ones will lose some details and
> (22x22) + 16x16 I think I will work with a outline ... But I already
> don't know ... I'll see it in meanwhile I am doing the scaleworks ... :)

Take care of elements that are smaller than 1 pixel, they often cause
bad rendering. In this case the white highlights.

The red circle is shaded like it receives strong white light in a dark
environment (I can almost imagine the halo effect). This doesn't fit
with the rest of it and would be a bad choice as it doesn't bring out
the colors.

I suggest you study how materials show variations in tone depending on
much light they receive. For red you might have to make the brightest
parts slightly orange.

Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: