[ubuntu-art] "Start here" button

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Tue Feb 24 18:21:38 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 11:38 -0600, Ryan Prior wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de>
> wrote:
>
>         The shading could be read as if the button is rounded, bulging
>         outwards,
>         but with an inward dent roughly of the size of the inner
>         circle of the
>         CoC.
>
> That's pretty specific. Is this a well-known design pattern, or just a
> gut feeling for what would look good?

Neither. It is simply a description of one possible interpretation of
the picture, without judgement if that would be a good or bad thing to
strive for.

The mere fact that I'm not sure how to read and what is intended can be
seen as a problem.

By offering a description, Sebastian can check if that is what he is
trying to get across or not, possibly tweaking it to either encourage or
discourage that interpretation.

Ryan, I really wonder what the root of our communication problem is.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/