[ubuntu-art] "Start here" button

Ryan Prior ryanprior at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:12:47 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Anton Kerezov <ankere at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

This is a tricky issue. Of course, the "logo" is in the center, but the eye
tends to be attracted to the center of the circle, not the center of the
logo. I'd suggest extending the right side, like Anton says, in order to
balance the amount of orange space on the left side with some on the right.

Aside from that, I'm starting tot think this is a case where pixel art
should really be sought rather than vector art. All the tiny "start" icons
I'm seeing remind me of the limitations of vector art as the size of final
icon shrinks, so if you can either touch-up or completely compose a "start
here" icon in a by-pixel fashion, I suspect that would produce the best
result for us in the end.