[ubuntu-art] Impression Metacity Updates

Ryan Prior ryanprior at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 04:33:09 GMT 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 9:39 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Thomas L.G wrote:
> > You know, when it comes to window buttons, there really aren't many
> > alternatives. They usually are either squared or rounded. Windows uses
> > squared buttons, OSX uses rounded. Then what should we do? Either way
> > out buttons are gonna resemble Windows or OSX' buttons.
>
> I'm sorry, but that's one so disappointing to read. If you can't think
> of anything other than a square or a bubble to use there, I don't know
> what to tell ya.

Here's my concept: rather than having any sort of buttons, just print some
glyphs at the top of the screen and make them glow or change color or
whatevcer on mouse-over. I've attached a mockup illustrating the idea,
although I'm sure some of the more talented artists here could beautify it
quite a lot. :-)

-Ryan