[ubuntu-art] ubuntu-art Digest, Vol 44, Issue 29

Manuel Mas prguy85 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 22:11:42 GMT 2009

As Manuel pointed out Canonical has added their new notification system

> to Ubuntu. They have gone outside of FreeDesktop standards for this. I
> also have my doubts as to the longevity of this new system.
>
> That aside, the decision is to support it or not. Our choices:
>
>    * Have Breathe depend on Human, thus grabbing the new icons.
>    * Create ones of our own.
>
> Discuss.
>
> PS: I'm gonna file a bug to move the icons to hicolor so that other
> themes pick it up.
>
> --
> -Cory K.
>
>  .-.\m/
>  /v\/
>  // \
> /(   )
>  ^^-^^

I believe we should depend on Human in order to have icons everywhere and
not have these "no icon" notifications specially when new notification
system is a big part of the next release.  Either way, Breathe and Human mix
well so it shouldn't be a problem.

Manuel Mas