[ubuntu-art] Miu Theme

James Schriver jws141 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 19 22:05:18 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 10:19 -0800, David Stuart wrote:
> I think this looks like a great candidate. Keep up the good work!
>
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Saleel <svelanka at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>         James Schriver wrote:
>         > On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 07:28 -0500, Saleel wrote:
>         >
>         >> James Schriver wrote:
>         >>
>         >>> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 17:28 -0600, david zondlo wrote:
>         >>>
>         >>>
>         >>>> Perhaps, just a dark orange (brown) on the selected text
>         for easier
>         >>>> readability?
>         >>>> One more thing, is on the selected tabs, it doesn't look
>         like the
>         >>>> gradient from white to the tan color, is even.
>         >>>>
>         >>>> Thanks
>         >>>> ~Dave
>         >>>>
>         >>>>
>         >>> Thanks for the suggestions, Dave.  Here's a recent
>         screenshot with the
>         >>> changes.  Let me know if that is more visible/usable?  I
>         changed the
>         >>> gradients on the notebook tab and made the active text a
>         bit darker.
>         >>>
>         >>> dashua
>         >>>
>         >>> Loads better imo, the metacity theme takes up way too much
>         space of
>         >>> smaller screens. I have been forced to use a hacked up
>         >>> emerald/different metacity; could you make the metacity
>         thinner?
>         >>>
>         >> BTW: really good theme, great balance between orange and
>         tan. really
>         >> looks modern and polished.
>         >> Saleel
>         >>
>         >>
>         >
>         > Better?
>         >
>         >

>         Yes! I will try this once I get on my laptop, thanks!
>

>         --

Thanks again for the feedback.  I'm testing a bit of lighter grey as
Cory suggested making it somewhat more appealing to the original Human
theme, just a bit darker.  The orange text looks good on the darker
theme, but it will pose an issue for the gtk color chooser and it mixes
colors.  If you have an ideas for having a more stable orange
insensitive text color please let me know.  For now, I have changed it
back to standard black for those whom may wish to lighten or darken the
theme to their liking.

If there are no objections, I'd like to test this new lighter color
scheme.  Please let me know.  Screenshot of the proposal attached.

dashua