[ubuntu-art] Impression Kyudo Update

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Feb 19 14:44:48 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 08:47 -0500, John Baer wrote:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Jaunty/Impression/Kyudo

> == Top Level == (e.g. Absolute top-level goal of this theme)
>
> Enhance the user computing experience by applying balance and harmony to
> the Gnome Desktop framing applications in such a manner as to permit the
> eye to focus without distraction on the content displayed. The desire is
> an optimal result from an optimal process.
>
> == Target Audience == (e.g. Who benefits from the Outcome)
>
> Realizing Ubuntu is used by a broad spectrum of individuals, this
> solution is targeted toward those who spend a significant amount of
> their professional or personal day at their computer.

So in short, your focus is on having the windows and widgets step back
behind the content, to not stress the eyes more than necessary during
long-time use.

An endurance theme.

I think your color choices should work well under these considerations.
Looking at the screenshots, I would like to suggest to reduce the
contrast of the toolbar gradients. They are rather loud in this context.

Please consider using different colors on prelight of the window
buttons. The Circle-of-Friends trio doesn't fit to the functionality and
the colors are rather close to each other. I suggest using a cool color
for minimize.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: