[ubuntu-art] Artwork Deadline One

John Baer baerjj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 00:25:48 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 12:00 +0000, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:

> Very cool. I have always loved the transparent backgrounds, they are
> hard to
> get right, but I think TumbleWeed is very good.
>
> I am not sure that the jackalope should be so prominent... on lighter
> backgrounds it stands out quite a lot, and not all people will know
> the
> Ubuntu 9.04 has anything to do with Jackalopes.
>
> Having the jackalope in the bg is a cool idea, but I think it needs to
> blend
> in with the background a lot better. Maybe having the subtle contours
> of a
> jackalope made in the weed?  The really tricky part is that people not
> "in
> the know" should not notice it, while people with prior affiliation to
> Ubuntu should notice it straight away.

+1

I changed Jaunty to the same color as the default background color. The
horns are only slightly orange to agree with the story.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Jaunty/Impression/Background

In some ways this will be fun as folks discover this elusive Jackalope
when the background color is changed.

Cheers,

John