[ubuntu-art] Artwork Deadline One

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 06:06:40 GMT 2009

2009/2/8 John Baer <baerjj at gmail.com>

> I am not sure the desire, but 2.19.2009 is the deadline one for artwork.
>
> IMO we should have our submissions to the point they are submitted to
> the wiki for comments.
>
> To satisfy that desire I submitted a "customizable" Jaunty background to
> the wiki today.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Jaunty/Impression/Background

Very cool. I have always loved the transparent backgrounds, they are hard to
get right, but I think TumbleWeed is very good.

I am not sure that the jackalope should be so prominent... on lighter
backgrounds it stands out quite a lot, and not all people will know the
Ubuntu 9.04 has anything to do with Jackalopes.

Having the jackalope in the bg is a cool idea, but I think it needs to blend
in with the background a lot better. Maybe having the subtle contours of a
jackalope made in the weed?  The really tricky part is that people not "in
the know" should not notice it, while people with prior affiliation to
Ubuntu should notice it straight away.

--
Cheers,
Mikkel