[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] Translation help needed.

Yann Dìnendal yanndinendal at universfantastiques.org
Mon Feb 9 13:14:48 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 14:05, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> So do we all think we need to keep the name and just translate the
> comment? Similar comments have been made on the forums so far.
>

> -Cory K.

I really think the name would look odd translated... I agree with Steve
Dodier, this is good enough :
Name[fr]=Breathe
Comment[language]=Thème d'icônes Breathe

If we were to try to keep it consistant with the slogan (Because Humans need
Oxygen to Breathe), we could use a translation of the name... For example
"Parce que les Humains ont besoin d'oxygène pour respirer", but I think an
infinitive form ("respirer") is strange, an imperative could be better :
"Respire" (like "*Breathe*!", not like "You need *to breathe*")...