[ubuntu-art] Artwork Deadline One

Jake Tolbert crazybilly at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 23:09:01 GMT 2009

I think the idea here is really cool. and I like the majority of the art
there. but the jackalope itself, being so subtle, looked to me like a skull
or an alien head at first, which I don't think is the idea you're going for.

maybe make the view of the jackelope angled a bit more (rather than straight
on), or use lighter colors for the jackalope itself, perhaps.

still, a cool idea.

jake

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM, John Baer <baerjj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure the desire, but 2.19.2009 is the deadline one for artwork.
>
> IMO we should have our submissions to the point they are submitted to
> the wiki for comments.
>
> To satisfy that desire I submitted a "customizable" Jaunty background to
> the wiki today.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Jaunty/Impression/Background
>
> Customizable means the canvas is transparent so the desired background
> color will need to be defined in Appearance Preferences Gnome dialogue.
>
> I suggest theme engines be locked down on 2/19 in order to provide
> adequate time for packaging and testing.
>
> The last svn check-in for the Murrine engine is version 137 but the
> latest package is 136.
>
> https://launchpad.net/~suraia/+archive/ppa<https://launchpad.net/%7Esuraia/+archive/ppa>
>
> I am satisfied with Murrine either way.
>
> Ken Wimer, do you have any comments?