[ubuntu-art] Business Cards

Lasse Havelund lhavelund at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 31 12:14:00 GMT 2009

I feel I should give a bit of an update on this, as it's not something
I'm planning on finishing /right/ now, so I'll post some ideas as to
what needs to be done about it, and how I'd planned on doing it. Someone
else is more than welcome to work on this.

- It's a simple substitution of _GET variables in php -- i.e. a variable
  is substituted by whatever text.
	- Currently, this has no upper limit in terms of length.
	  Such a limit should be added, to keep these consistent.
- Two files need generation, front.svg and verse.svg. This should be
  done similtaneously with the same script, and then converted to a pdf
  (I'm sure there's something in cairo that can do this from a command
  line tool).
- The files then need to be joined into a single pdf -- I'm using pdftk
  (which uses pdftk A=file1.pdf B=file2.pdf cat A B output outfile.pdf)

It's a fairly simple thing, and I might hack something together in
Python instead, once I've touched up on this.

Someone else is free to start this up; the SVGs are still in place on
http://people.ubuntu.com/~lhavelund/.

Kind regards,
Lasse Havelund