[ubuntu-art] Human Helix.

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Dec 4 09:19:39 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 14:46 -0500, Saleel Velankar wrote:

> Would be glad for some feedback on Helix though ;)

Well, I vaguely recall that Fedora used a helix, but this is a very
different take and seems rather fresh to me.

There's a clear connection to the whole "Human" idea. The result is
aesthetically pleasing to my eyes, flowing, organic, quite well
balanced.

A bend or 3d/going-into-the-depth effect could spice things up, but at
least the later would be a little hard to accomplish and get right.

> In other news, I figured out a way to do a crude embed-like effect in
> Inkscape, see attached render. I am looking for someone with more
> experience in Inkscape to poke around and make the filter effect
> better.

I'd call what you have well executed already; I have no clue what
exactly you feel is lacking.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: