[ubuntu-art] Backgrounds Wiki Policy (was: Human Helix)

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Dec 3 17:19:57 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 15:20 +0100, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> On Thursday 03 December 2009 12:14:58 pm Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> > This would break current policy of no wallpapers on the wiki as agreed
> > on during UDS.
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Lucid#No%20Wallpapers%20on%
> > 20the%20wiki,%20use%20Flickr!
>
> Ouch, I didn't realize we agreed on that :p

We agreed on selecting only on flickr and explicitly stating so on the
wiki, at least.

Quite a while before UDS, I added the statement to the wiki, informed
you and got no complaints at all.

I said we should outright reject wallpapers on the wiki to not confuse
anyone. There was no opposition and my impression was that Ivanka and
you, Kenneth, were OK with that, but it wasn't noted in the Gobby doc.
So there, we only have: "Be explicit about the fact that submissions on
the wiki will not be included", as seen on:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Lucid/Wallpaper_Contest_Planning

My main concern here is that one path is chosen and followed through the
whole cycle, so negative surprises are avoided.

My other concern is that I never again want to deal the wiki surge
protection warning.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: