[ubuntu-art] Backgrounds Wiki Policy (was: Human Helix)

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Dec 3 11:14:58 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 23:22 +0100, Kenneth Wimer wrote:

> You should create a concept page at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Lucid
>
> It allows for a discussion, progress reports, etc.

This would break current policy of no wallpapers on the wiki as agreed
on during UDS.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Lucid#No%20Wallpapers%20on%
20the%20wiki,%20use%20Flickr!

It could be changed to say that wallpapers will only be selected from
flickr and that the wiki should only be used if you really want
discussion and if there will be several versions.

We could also say that adding a page for a wallpaper requires explicit
permission.

With or without permission required, the rules would be much more
complicated and thus more likely to not be understood/followed/enforced.

Note that this time, I'm not available to set up and keep an eye on a
possible Backgrounds section.

The alternative would be to say that discussions about backgrounds have
to happen here on this list and be done with it.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/