[ubuntu-art] Karmic boot and login - proposed designs

Saleel Velankar svelanka at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 20:58:02 BST 2009

Mat Tomaszewski wrote:
> Again, your feedback is more than welcome.

Things I love:

New throbber. sleek.
White logo with slight glow.
White disability and power icons.
Overall dark gui: sexy

Things I don't love (but can see a reason for.)

Spotlight on 'floor', how does it look when there is only 1 user?
"Login Options" I think that this should be an icon like the other two
white icons, perhaps a gears icon. I can see reasons against this.
In the GDM theme the white frame around the user selection box is
darkened, this makes it so much less sexier. Those white borders really
helped distinguish the box from the background. furthermore I don't
think that the stroke color matches the stroke of the bottom options bar.

Things I cannot stand:

You will hate me for this, but the brown you chose is too lively and too
dark. Making the brown more orangish, or even tannish, will highlight
the sexiness of that dark sexy gui.
http://desktoppub.about.com/od/colorpalettes/l/blcpbrown.htm
the link and the book the link refers to make interesting reading. :3

--Saleel