[ubuntu-art] Open Week, sabdfl on artwork

Ryan Prior ryanprior at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 00:05:39 BST 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:
> sabdfl: Milos_SD: it has taken a long, long time to pull together a
> design team
> i had hoped to have that team in place six months ago, but it's still
> forming
> i think we will make good progress in the next cycle
> you can already see a few things that have borne fruit from that team
> notifications, time zone selector in installer, etc
> but it's fragmentary
> i'm pretty darn confident we'll have a new look for 10.04
> but i think only pieces of that will emerge for 9.10

Listen, they've been promising a "new look" since Intrepid at least,
and in the meantime individuals working in their spare time have come
up with numerous "new looks", and iterated them, and created yet more
"new looks" based on prior experiences. If in two+ years (!!)
Canonical cannot put together a "new look" for Ubuntu, then they
should either admit that their art direction has been incompetent and
tell us exactly what they have done to change that, or STFU and stop
promising a new look.

Ryan