[ubuntu-art] Open Week, sabdfl on artwork

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Wed Apr 29 20:52:23 BST 2009

Hi!

While this is of limited or no importance to what we do or could do, I
guess there are enough readers with a general interest, so ...

>From https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/openweekJaunty/AskMark

(11:25:45 AM) jcastro: <Milos_SD> QUESTION: Will we finaly have a
promised "New look" in next release, and is it gonna be something good,
something different or something like Human-Clearlooks. :)

sabdfl: Milos_SD: it has taken a long, long time to pull together a
design team
i had hoped to have that team in place six months ago, but it's still
forming
i think we will make good progress in the next cycle
you can already see a few things that have borne fruit from that team
notifications, time zone selector in installer, etc
but it's fragmentary
i'm pretty darn confident we'll have a new look for 10.04
but i think only pieces of that will emerge for 9.10

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/