[ubuntu-art] Animated logo

Steve Dodier sidnioulz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:23:30 BST 2009

Hello,

I don't see the point of using Flash (closed and proprietary technology) for
the Logo of an openSource OS. I think you should be able to do the same with
some SVG and JavaScript, or with an animated GIF.

Also, animating the logo in such a way that the "ubuntu" word isn't
immediately fully readable is counter-productive, as it doesn't let the user
associate the branding to the name immediately, which is the point of a
logo. Though, I like the idea of the Ubuntu logo, but I think the transition
from the disc to the actual logo lacks work, it's too brutal as it is.

2009/4/23 Ada Hopper <la.reina.roja at gmail.com>

> Hey It looks great.
> What have you used for animate that logo?
>
> Thanks!

Steve Dodier